Supporting Groups in Massachusetts
- I ran my Intro to Programming class with:
- I ran my Intro to Coding for Kids class for the YWCA Cambridge GOLD Program's 'Beyond All Limits' Summit
- I ran my Intro to SQL and Databases class through Inclusive Tech Lab at the Slalom office.
- As of October 2019, I've joined the Inclusive Tech Lab leadership team.
Supporting Women in Tech Through Vistaprint's "Women in Technology" Group
While I was at Vistaprint from June of 2016 to January of 2018, I was a member of Vistaprint's Women in Technology (WIT) group. I was on the External Connections Committee (working with other companies, local schools, and more) and the Internal Events Committee (organizing events within our company). I did this on top of a full work week as a software engineer, which was totally fine with me because this group of women is absolutely amazing and does great things (and because I'm a high-energy person who never stops doing stuff. I promise I get to sleep too though).
Some Vistaprint Women in Technology Events that I helped organize and/or took part in:
- July 2017 Women @ Work event with HubSpot, TripAdvisor, and Wayfair (click to read article)
- Coordinated with the three other companies regarding scheduling, directions, and planning
- Ordered catering for 300 attendees
- Scheduled casino game activities
- Purchased raffle prizes
- Purchased and set up decorations
- Coordinated with our keynote speaker
- Prepared breakout session guidelines and questions
- Ordered and packaged gifts for keynote speaker and breakout session facilitators
- ACT-W (Advancing the Careers of Technical Women) Boston (click to read article)
- Created networking bingo cards for Happy Hour
- Ran a Practical Python workshop
- Took part in a panel titled "Step Up and Be a Leader"
- Worcester Polytechnic Institute 'Women in Computer Science' (WiCS) group visits Vistaprint (click to read article)
- Found and paired up Vistaprint employees and students for shadowing based on students' interests
- Put together a group of developers for a Q & A panel
- Organized food and room booking for social hour with WiCS ladies and WIT members
- Intro Programming Class (click to read article)
- Made my own course material from scratch
- Ran class three times with ~75 students total
- Arranged groups of teaching assistants to help students during the class
- WIT & Hatchery Present at Burlington High's "Computer Science Education Week" (click to read article)
- Presented about our company
- Explained basics of HTML and CSS to high-school students
- WIT Lightning Talks About the Grace Hopper Celebration 2016 (click to read article)
- Gave a lightning talk about Jo Miller's 'Becoming a Person of Influence' workshop
- Vistaprint WIT 3-Year Anniversary Celebration (click to read article)
- Created and ran an activity with prizes
- Visit to Central Catholic High School to talk about Software Engineering
- Went to Central Catholic High School to talk to high school students about life as a Software Engineer.
- Hip-Hop Dance Class
- Choreographed and taught dance to ten WIT members